Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

500T frame modifications

Forums

Hello Trials community

I am building a bike to enter long distance trials and am looking to modify my open diamond frame to the dimensions of a 500T, I have had some really useful information from Chris Grimmett on dimensions between the different frames. Unfortunately my fabrication skills are definitely not up to frame modifications myself so was looking for anyone out there that has done a similar frame conversion for advice and maybe contacts of anyone that could do the modifications?

All advice gratefully appreciated.

Ash Deacon

I don't have a 500t but do have an ES2 in trials trim that I intend to use on the MCC trials, Where are you based?

Bristol, you Dan?

Previously Dan Field wrote:

I don't have a 500t but do have an ES2 in trials trim that I intend to use on the MCC trials, Where are you based?

Do you really need to modify the frame? I have received a gold award in the Beamish trial riding an unmodified 99 - road tyres and all.This year I'll be riding a normal road-going B31, my son a plunger A7. For long-distance trials, trials tyres, a good fuel tank capacity and decent lights for the overnight ones should be all you need.

My frame - swinging arm pre featherbed - was altered (back in the 60's) to give more ground clearance, not sure what I'm going to be doing about lighting as I don't have a dynamo!

I'm in Honiton, so not so far away!

dan

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans