Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1959 Manx seat.

Forums

Anyone have a seat from a 59' Manx that I could get photos and measurments of so I can begin to make an accurate replica for mine? I guess it was a steel base and it is of a style that was used for a few years in the late fifties before they switched to a fiberglass seat for the 1960 bikes.

Also does anyone know how many 500cc Manx bikes were made for 59'? It seems there are a number of them still kicking about over here in the states. I see elsewhere that 57 were built for 1960 so that is probably a ballpark figure for 59' also?

I am trying to trace the history of this 59' Manx. It was originally delivered to Hap Jones dealership in SanFrancisco California. I have no idea what it was up to until 1968 when Reg Pridmore used it to win the 500cc championship that year, so there are several years of it's history that are missing right now...

For now I am keeping the bike as it was last raced in that championship, but I thought if I could I would gather information on it's as-built specification just for something to do.......

Thanks.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans