Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1957 Inter Footbrake Pivot

Forums

I am re-building a '57 Featherbed Inter 500 and have all the parts except the footbrake pivot, where it fits to the frame gusset. Does anyone have a photo of one or know where I can get one. I can make one from a drawing or photo. I belive it is the same as the Dommie for this year. Cheers, Ian.

Hello Ian,

I'm rebuilding my '54 Inter, and I can provide a photo and measurements for the pivot. It's the pivot shaft fixed to the frame, on which the rear brake lever rotates, right?

I'm looking for some help on the wiring for mine. Having no luck sourcing a replacement, and my bike came with not a single wire remaining. Any source that you know of for a new loom?

Fred Meyer

Castro Valley, CA

Previously wrote:

I am re-building a '57 Featherbed Inter 500 and have all the parts except the footbrake pivot, where it fits to the frame gusset. Does anyone have a photo of one or know where I can get one. I can make one from a drawing or photo. I belive it is the same as the Dommie for this year. Cheers, Ian.

Hi Fred

Thanks for your reply, sorry it's taken a while to get back, I hadn't looked on the site recently as I thought no one was going to reply.

I've now sorted the footbrake problem; I found an expert on my doorstep here in the UK!

The wiring is very simple, I have a wiring diagram which I can email to you but I would think a dommie one from the same year should do the job. If you want to email me at:- itbl@sky.com I will send you a copy. Also if you have any pics of your restoration, I would love to see them.

Cheers

Ian

Hello Ian,

I'm rebuilding my '54 Inter, and I can provide a photo and measurements for the pivot. It's the pivot shaft fixed to the frame, on which the rear brake lever rotates, right?

I'm looking for some help on the wiring for mine. Having no luck sourcing a replacement, and my bike came with not a single wire remaining. Any source that you know of for a new loom?

Fred Meyer

Castro Valley, CA

Previously wrote:

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans