Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1956 ES2

Forums

Can someone help in this matter. I need a part and am not sure if it can be got or will it have to be made.

On the ES2 there is a worm drive which appears to drive the oil pump?. In this worm there is a hole and I think there is a sleeve containing a spring and a jet. Is this a release valve. Where can I buy the item or can I make it on the lathe. Also I need a left side front foot rest (pedal type)

Thanks Robert

Previously wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OIL-PUMP-FEED-JET-SCREW-GUIDE-Norton-ES2-Single-/350370722218?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5193b8f1aa#ht_3528wt_907

Hi Robert,

Is this what you're after? Bit dear though!

Adam

Hi Adam, as far as I can see no. the outer sleeve seems to seat on the inside of the casing. In a workshop manual it says when reassembling ensure the fiber washer is in place and the jet spring and jet and sleeve is in place.

The picture shows a spring then the jet and the sleeve covers all.

Thanks Robert.

Previously wrote:

Can someone help in this matter. I need a part and am not sure if it can be got or will it have to be made.

On the ES2 there is a worm drive which appears to drive the oil pump?. In this worm there is a hole and I think there is a sleeve containing a spring and a jet. Is this a release valve. Where can I buy the item or can I make it on the lathe. Also I need a left side front foot rest (pedal type)

Thanks Robert

Hi Robert

I have a 1948 Model 18 - same as the ES2 but not so many bells & whistles.

I think you are refering to the brass jet and spring which sits in the timing cover and bears on the mainshaft to which is attached the wormdive to the oilpump.

You can buy this from Norvil motorcycle co part no 1392 tel 01543 278008.

You will also need the fibre washer which fits on the outlet from the oil pump. Part no 041123.

A tricky one this as its listed as a gearbox drainplug sealing washer as its the same item.

They also do footrests but at an exorbitant price!

Good luck

Nigel

Previously wrote:

Thanks Robert

Thanks to all your help. I was able to get one from Russells.

Can someone tell me what this for and how it works.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans