Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1955 Model 7 Monobloc

Forums

hi everybody,could anyone please help with the base settings for the monobloc fitted to my 55 model 7.I have a 376,1" fitted but i need to jet up with the main jet,the plug colour confirms this,currently fitted with a 220 jet.i feel that i am not to far off the mark but if anyone is happy with their settings for this model could you please share them?looking at the amal site they still list the m7 as having a pre monobloc so i am at a loss.other settings are pilot-25,needle jet-107,slide-3.5 and the needle on the 4th notch,many thanks,les croston

Hi Les,

Assuming you have the correct 376/19 carb the main jet should be a 240. Other settings should be Pilot 106 (an annotation in the manualso may not be right) and needle position 2. Slide is correct at 3.5.

This is taken from an original handbook for the 55 Model 7 (yes, there WAS one!).

Some bikes may have left the factory with a 376/18 which as far as I can see is identical? It was for the Model 88 for1955/6. My bike has one of these fitted. Possibly a factory fitment.

Jim

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans