Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1951 ES2 tool box and colour of oil tank

Forums

hi all

my es 2 tool box is flat on front& has a suit case type latch.is this original , as the ones ive seen seem to be round on the front& my oil tank is painted silver with half inch black &sixteenth inch red pin stripes . box shaped. on the front & side.the paint seems to be original? but who knows.

many thank ian

hi ian oil tank and tool box should be painted black also the tool box should have rounded edges and a screw in bolt to keep the lid closed it sounds as if yours is a pre war tool box if yours is a pre war type and you want to swop it for a post war type i have a spare one regards roger

Previously wrote:

hi all

my es 2 tool box is flat on front& has a suit case type latch.is this original , as the ones ive seen seem to be round on the front& my oil tank is painted silver with half inch black &sixteenth inch red pin stripes . box shaped. on the front & side.the paint seems to be original? but who knows.

many thank ian

hi ian just reread your message has your es2 got a lay down gear box or an upright one if you look models page on noc web sight there is a picture of my es2 reg no ppc 95 this is a 1951 model hope this helps roger

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

hi all

many thank ian

hi ian just reread your message has your es2 got a lay down gear box or an upright one if you look models page on noc web sight there is a picture of my es2 reg no ppc 95 this is a 1951 model hope this helps roger

hi roger

my es 2 has a lay down gear box.i spoke to the bloke i bought it off today & he said the tool box was on the bike when his dad bought the bike in the fifties.he also told me he had painted the oil tank himself.just on another note he's got a 1949 international with a clubman top end[all alloy]which i hope i can get from him soon .

many thanks

ian

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans