Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1950 16H Norton

Forums

Can someone please assist me in a small problem. My 16H has a small oil leak from a bolt on the bottom front of the gearbox.

I unscrewed this and it has a small piston inside it which I think a cam must run on, there is a small oil hole on top.

The threads are bad on the bolt and I am looking for a replacement. Can I buy a new one and if so where.

Is there any one who carries a stock of parts for this type of bike.

Now on a non Norton matter I also have a James V Twin 750cc of c1924. I need a complete enclosed chain case, the alloy cover for the mag chain. a foot and a clutch pedal. Does anyone know where I could get these or a loan to get ones cast.

Thank you for your help. Robert

Hi Robert

For 16H spares, including gearbox,you could try Russell Motors.

125/127 Falcon Road, Battersea, London, SW11 2PE

They are not good at telephone queries but I have found that if you write or fax them they will fax back with availability/price fairly quickly. It will help if you can describe exactly what parts you need. If you don't already have one you should get an illustrated parts list for your 16H.

Cheers

Ian McD

Thanks Ian just ordered two books (copies) from Bruce main smith. Will contact Russells asap.

One of the books I got was on ebay for £20 plus £4pp. I got mine for £9.90, (just in case someone needs books in the future.)

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans