Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1948 ES2 dyno

Forums

Evening all,

My ES2 is missing it's Dyno. Thankfully the Mag is present. I've been told that having the numbers off the number plate of a Dyno will help in finding a suitable replacement.

Anybody got time to post the numbers off of a Dyno they know will work with my '48 ES2?

Appreciate any assistance!

I don't know if it would technically be the right thing, but if its a mag dyno an E3L would also fit. It is the same as the E3H apart from being slightly longer and it will give better charging.

I want to restore this thing as close to factory as possible within reason. If it comes down to using a reproduction or slightly different part to get this crate running, then I'm cool with that. I can alsways revisit these parts as part of my longer term plan.

Nobody around here would know the difference anyway. There are VERY few of these old things out and about in Nova Scotia.

B

The overall length of the dynamo varies a bit depending on the ends you have on them as these varied a bit depending on what bike it was fitted to and the year. The plated body on the 'L is about 0.75 longer than that on the 'H.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans