Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1947 Model 18 mudguards ... where can I get some?

Forums

Can anyone point me in the right direction to source a set of front and rear mudguards for my Model 18, repro are fine original ... even better.

Our friendly scammer who has been plaguing the "Wanted" section has tried to sell me my own mudguards twice!

He keeps sending me images on MY bike and telling me that this is one he's breaking for parts.

The ones that are fitted are on my bike are dreadful.

When its raining the front one just chucks the water forwards for me to ride into half a second later and if its dry itâs like riding in a blast cabinet.

TIA

Ian

Previously wrote:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to source a set of front and rear mudguards for my Model 18, repro are fine original ... even better.

Our friendly scammer who has been plaguing the "Wanted" section has tried to sell me my own mudguards twice!

He keeps sending me images on MY bike and telling me that this is one he's breaking for parts.

The ones that are fitted are on my bike are dreadful.

When its raining the front one just chucks the water forwards for me to ride into half a second later and if its dry itâs like riding in a blast cabinet.

TIA

Ian

Ian, I can also recommend Renovation Spares as I have bought guards for several singles from Peter inc 1939 Big 4, 1948 ES-2and 1952 ES-2.

regards, Ian

There is a couple of firms, dare I say it, in India making repo mudguards. I have seen one a friend bought for a BSA from India and seemed to be quite good quality being hand made. Anyway just thought I'd mention it. You can find them advertising on ebay and selling worldwide. Just type in Norton mudguards.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans