Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1932 Model 30 frame

Forums

Hi All,

I have a 1932 model 30 frame and have found out that at the bottom of the downtube from the seat there should be a lug on the frame that a bolt is used for mounting foward footpegs. Mine has been cut of but the remains of the lug is still on the tube.

I will be using the rear footrest lugs but would like to know if anybody has this type of frame which I think was only used for 1932 1933 and are able to take a photo I would appreciate that very much as I want to return the bike as close as possible to origional spec.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

If you put the number 261953669259 into ebay search it should bring up a frame like yours and if you click on original listing it should give you a fairly clear picture which you might be able to save to your own pc and use for future reference.

ATB, Richard.

Previously richard_cornish wrote:

Hi Andy,

If you put the number 261953669259 into ebay search it should bring up a frame like yours and if you click on original listing it should give you a fairly clear picture which you might be able to save to your own pc and use for future reference.

ATB, Richard.

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for that information, I have saved the picture and now will be able to replicate that part. May not be 100% accurate but close enough will be ok, I will not be using that lug as I want to use the rearset position but just wanted to get the bike more original.

This bike was raced in the 1930s so I guess any extra weight was removed.

Thanks again

Andy

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans