Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Worn Amal 276

Forums

I have a badly worn Amal 276 that requires a re sleeve and new slide. Any recommendations and how much? John

Having messed about resleeving. Jetting and polishing I chucked it all in the corner and bought a new one. Straight on and it transformed it - starting, idling and running! I ride 3000+ miles a year on it was worth every penny. However!!!!!

Martin Bratby has done the carbs on all my bikes. As good as new and at half the price, but he is very busy so be patient!

Here is the receipt for the last one he did for me, a type 76 for my pre-war Triumph. I think this is the most expensive carb he has ever done for me but I bought it on eBay and it was in a hell of a state! Most of the cost is parts, he also bored this one out to 1 1/16 from 1 inch to suite my cylinder head that is being worked on!

Should give you some idea of what he can do and what he charges, I wouldn't bother with a new carb all the time he is doing them.

Andy

Attachments bratby-invoice-jpeg

Another vote for Martyn Bratby from me too. They really are better than new and with original castings. He is the only person to offer reclamation of the float chamber seats on the 76 / 276 as far as I'm aware.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans