Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

What spark plug for 1937 Inter with square head?

Forums

Hi

Have looked at plug fitment charts and still not sure what to fit. Lodge and KLG plugs seem hard to source. Is the NGK B10ES my best hope? Machine used for club type runs at moderate speeds. What are other members fitting?

Jimmy Burns

It all depends on your state of tune and intended use. B10ES seems a bit hard (cold) to me. B8ES might be more appropriate.

Previously james_burns wrote:

Hi

Have looked at plug fitment charts and still not sure what to fit. Lodge and KLG plugs seem hard to source. Is the NGK B10ES my best hope? Machine used for club type runs at moderate speeds. What are other members fitting?

Jimmy Burns

I useNGK 6 and 7'sdependingonsummer/ winter. The ally headis quite an efficient cooler when running at roadspeeds.

Jon

I have a 1936 alloy engine with a bronze skull so not quite the same - I never could get it to run properly on NGK. I went up and down through the heat range, messed about with carburation and all sorts... And as soon as I hit traffic it started fouling plugs up and stopping. Out on a run one day and I used up my last plug, someone gave me a Champion N5C to get me home and 2000 miles later its still in there!

However I know plenty of people that wouldn't touch a Champion plug and swear by NGK. I guess theres a bit of trial and error involved.

Good luck

Andy

Thanks for all the advice Gents. I have been running a Champion N5 for years but on the last run the Inter "cooked" the plug. I have now fitted a new NGK B7ES and will carry an N5 as a spare. Strange that some bikes run betteron one particular make of plug! Could be that some of this new rubbish petrol is up-setting her running.

Jimmy

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans