Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

£3,000 Electra on US ebay

Forums

Theres a 1964 Electra on ebay right now, asking £3,000! no bids, no wonder. Looks to be all there, but rough paint, no chromeware, broken headlight etc

"a 1964 Norton Electra 400.  Bike turns over and shifts, Engine number reads FL894.  Bike is showing 14023 miles.  Bike is missing throttle cable.  Missing headlight lens.  Bike needs new front tire tube.  Side stand needs correcting.  taillight has lens damage.  Under tank frame brackets have been cut for some reason.  Overall bike would need some going over but would make a great project to restore to get back on the road.   Bike has a clean title."

Think he's being ambitious, zero bids should tell him something. Closes tonight. Lets see if it resurfaces with a lower opening price.

.. I noticed that. Also noted the zero feedback. It's in US and he says shipping to UK would be free. But it would probably never turn up.

Well spotted Ian, I didnt pick up on the free shipping! Even if I were vaguely interested, that would put me straight off. I have never been involved in overseas shipping of a bike, but I would guess several £00's straight off the bottom line, so where is his incentive?

As you say, bike would probably never turn up, and without shipping documentation it would be an impossible overseas lawsuit, costing more than the purchase price.

The fleabay seller/scammer of this Electra is "flashback_inc2"  (Note the 2 )

You are right it is bogus; he's copied from a genuine seller.

However the ebay seller "flashback_inc" is genuine. And does offer free shipping to UK, obviously built into the price. He's had some tasty bikes this year, unfortunately I've no room for any more at the moment.......

hello now with the best shippers in the world are www shapiro shipping.com  there cost are around 1500quid and a 3 week waite  but they guarantee to get the bike to your home address the managing director is a british motorcycle fan  and has handled all this for years with no losses  and your bike is insured wile being shipped  and I have seen this  ebay seller  and It looked bogus to me,   now stay safe  yours  anna j

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans