Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

New member with 1960 Dominator 99

Forums

Hello everyone

My name is Brandon Loos, living in Queensland Australia.

I am a new member of NOC and in need of help in getting a workshop and parts manual for my dominator. I also believe my bike to be in original condition and wish to keep it as such. All help and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Brandon, you don't have to go far to answer this. For available publications look at the Library section of this web site. To see who sells publications, use the Services tab on the left and search on Media. You will find some material in the Spares section of NOCShop, also tabbed to your left as you look at the screen.

Brandon, you also have help nearer to home....try Kim the CD Man at 1 Simon Court, Rosanna VIC 3084 AUSTRALIA !.

As regards keeping it original...take plenty of digi pics before you do any work on the m/c as it can save a deal of head scratching later on.

Regards JMB

Hello Brandon, I'm currently restoring a 1960 Dommie 99. The Roy Bacon book is very helpful with all original information and settings.

I believe they came mostly in two colour schemesfor the 1960 season. Either dove grey and black or blue and black. I'll not get into that argument but mine will be dove grey and black. I'm making slow progress due to having other Norton's to maintain but you can see the lack of progress by typing 'Neil's Norton Notes' into your search engine.Next update during December.

If your engine and frame numbers match, that would be a good start for originality. I'm assuming your machine is a slimline but it is also possible in 1960 to be a wideline?If you have pictures that would say lots. Good luck mate.....

The first slimlines were manufactured at the end of 1959 (October I think) so a 1960 99 should be a slimline.

Previously alan_dawes wrote:

Agreed but I wonder how long it took for a bike to get transported to Oz and then registered?

Hi Alan

I am unable to tell you how long it took get the bike transported to Australia. I bought it unregistered from a dealer in melbourne and it took me 3 working days to register in Queensland.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans