Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Navigator top shock bolt 23251

Forums

Hello everybody!

Can anybody tell me the exact lenght of the rear top shock absorber bolt

and tail stay for a Navigator?

No 23251 Position G42 in the frame diagram on page 35 in the 1961 parts list.

Thank you.

Iâll measure mine tomorrow Uli, but itâs not standard I just found one long enough for the seat, stay and two washers!

Hi, as Dan said, it is a special bolt. Norvil has them in stock as part number 023251 for 9.69 GBP. There is also a photo of the unique head of said bolt.

All the best,

Skip

Hi Uli,

23251 is a special bolt BUT you shouldn't need this as your Navigator is a Standard model. 23251 is for the early 1959 De Luxe Jubilee only. The official part number for the Standard is 22572 (I think) but I did the same as Dan -I used what fitted . If you do want the 23251 type you can easily make this for about one tenth of the Norvil price - the "special" bit is merely a sleeve that the jubilee clip on the De Luxe seat latches unto.

Patrick

Ok, thanks for the answers.

I looked at the pic of the norvil site and this bolt looks complete different with that sleeve on it .

I ordered a pair of 3/8 inch x 3 1/2 inch and a pair of 3/8x 4 inch bolts.

So I can chose which fits best.

The bolt passes through the shock absorber mount then the two tapered spacers which sandwich the seat mount and into the rear mudguard. So my understanding of it. Don?t know how to fit the bolt with that sleeve ?

I have no jubilee clips on my seat. The mounts are plain like the ones on a Commando seat which go also on the top absorber bolt and are secured with that curled knob.

I guess on the Navigator the seat is secured at the rear by tightening the bolts.

Previously Ulrich Hoffmann wrote:

I guess on the Navigator the seat is secured at the rear by tightening the bolts.

Thats correct Uli it just clamps it down. It is the delux seat that is hinged and clips down on the special bolt.

Dan

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans