Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Moto Piston rally 2016

Once again I am going to book a decent cabin on the Pompey - Santander boat and a twin room at the hotel. I may also use my van to take my bike and another small one on the crossing. Its only a Nissan vanette cargo so it can really only take two small bikes, ie singles or poss featherbed type bikes, and two peoples kit. So if you live down south and would like to share expenses , please get in touch.

Thanks, Hans Taylor. 079711 86768

I find the Spanish rallies confusing, I take it that this is a seperate event from the Colombres to which a group us are going, and yes most will be in vans, kind regards

Hi Richard,

A short history of the Spanish rallys.

Moto piston used to run the Colombres Rally, but it became massively over subscribed, mainly by people without classic bikes, so they moved the venue to Sardinero where there is one big hotel and more facilities.

Then another group called Moto Indianos started a rally at Colombres on a much smaller scale, a week after the MP rally.

Which is better depends on many factors and your personal preference.

I am going to Sardinero.

Thanks.

thanks for a simple explaination Hans, we dropped into Catalan last year for a rally with the Spanish club, weekend through the Pyranees then up to Senas for four days with the Senas classic club in the French alps, then Ireland for the Irish rally in Kerry, gonna do that again this year but hav'nt done the Colombres before.

Latvia we hope next year.

kind regards

Entries are still being accepted for the Colombres (Moto Indianos) rally. For those who have never been, the runs take in some magnificent scenery, and some go high in the mountains. Weather can be changeable. Take good waterproofs, and warm clothes. A recovery vehicle leaves half an hour after the last rider, to pick up any breakdowns.

Hi All,

This is a finalnotice to anyone to take up my offer of sharing a cabin and hotel room for the Moto Piston Rally. I have until 11 August , at which time I have to pay up or drop out.

So here are the details of costs to potential punters !

The ferry will cost £330, that's you, your bike and a big cabin, return.

The rally costs E50 entry, and E185 for the hotel. Meals are extra.

So there you have it, a lovely long weekend, in a fab hotel, great food and wine, not forgetting amazing roads and scenery.

Over to you guys..........

Thats interesting Hans, hope you found someone to share and have a good time. for a very similar cost I can take a van 3bikes and 3 riders ferry and camping for 10 days Isle of man classic TT . May give Spain a go another year.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans