Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Help to restore my 1947 Model 18

Forums

Hello all,

I?m new in this club, and wish to have many friends "speaking" the same "Norton" language.

I live in Freire, Chile, and own a Model 18 1947, and a Model 50 1959.

I started recently restoring the Model 18, having found that for any reason, this model is really rare, being impossible to find until now a spare parts list and parts, such as a barrell & piston and the correct battery carrier, among of many parts needed.

If anyone has some of the above mentioned list or parts, please contact me. I?m on eBay UK since 10 years, so, purchasing parts from the UK is not uncommon to me.

Sorry for my basic english, but spanish, my mother language differs a bit form the english.

Thanks in advance,

Hans.

P.S. Both projects are at the end of the picture gallery.

Hola Hans

I am sure someone here can help, not my area of expertise i'm afraid. I passed through your town on a motorcycle in 2013 heading North from Osorno, (not on a Norton though)

Saludos

Gino

Previously gino_rondelli wrote:

Hola Hans

I am sure someone here can help, not my area of expertise i'm afraid. I passed through your town on a motorcycle in 2013 heading North from Osorno, (not on a Norton though)

Saludos

Gino

Ciao Gino,

Thank you for your words. It is a pity not having joined NOC before 2013.

Anyways, I hope to meet at my home every NOC member who encourages to ride through South America, if possible on a Norton.

Che Guevara and his mate passed for my house at that time.

Cheers,

Hans.

Previously hans_eberlein wrote:

Hello all,

I?m new in this club, and wish to have many friends "speaking" the same "Norton" language.

I live in Freire, Chile, and own a Model 18 1947, and a Model 50 1959.

I started recently restoring the Model 18, having found that for any reason, this model is really rare, being impossible to find until now a spare parts list and parts, such as a barrell & piston and the correct battery carrier, among of many parts needed.

If anyone has some of the above mentioned list or parts, please contact me. I?m on eBay UK since 10 years, so, purchasing parts from the UK is not uncommon to me.

Sorry for my basic english, but spanish, my mother language differs a bit form the english.

Thanks in advance,

Hans.

P.S. Both projects are at the end of the picture gallery.

I have a spare 1947 Parts Book if you are interested. The only problem that it does not have any illustrations. It will however give you the correct part numbers. Contact me on email: richtsteig1@optusnet.com.au if you are interested.

regards, Ian

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans