Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Commando petrol tank 062701

I'm looking for a new tank can anyone recommend a vendor.

It's for a 850 roadster

Looked at the ebay ones and through the search site,but still undecided.

There was a seller on ebay parts paradise 51,but not been on ebay for over a year and not answering emails.

doesn't matter if painted or not

Thanks in advance

For the Roadster tank do not go to India, they get the shape wrong and too boxy, best to go for the Emgo version which most recognised dealers will have but make sure it is Emgo and not an Indian tank passed off as Emgo. They used the late 850 tank with the front flange to copy.

Review

http://www.accessnorton.com/new-emgo-roadster-tanks-t19190.html

For sale but in US

www.oldbritts.com/13_062026.html

Previously david_evans wrote:

Andover Norton sell the emgo ones I think, £235 plus vat plus p&p

Hello

I have a fibre glass one. It was treated with some sort of petseal (not by me), it has the monza type filler, no taps. You would have to use a special product to remove the treatment, and then treat it with one of the new ethanol resistant coatings. (see "leaking petrol tank" in the recent messages) You can have it for £50.

Previously Michel Vincent wrote:

Previously david_evans wrote:

Andover Norton sell the emgo ones I think, £235 plus vat plus p&p

Hello

I have a fibre glass one. It was treated with some sort of petseal (not by me), it has the monza type filler, no taps. You would have to use a special product to remove the treatment, and then treat it with one of the new ethanol resistant coatings. (see "leaking petrol tank" in the recent messages) You can have it for £50.

Thanks for the offer Michel,but I've picked up a alloy tank.

Also thanks to Dave for the heads up on the Andover Norton one,have to give them a call.Meanwhile I'll keep a eye out for future info and the second hand market and any reviews

John

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans