Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Colombres Just winded (not Moto Piston) Rally 2016

Just wondering how many (if any) members have confirmed entry to this event. I will be trailing my bike up, from Valencia. I don't know many other members, but would be happy to meet with others at La Para bar, (at La Franca, 5 minutes from Colombres), and possibly ride in company on the runs. I will be on a '54 Dominator PGJ92.

Regards John Shorter.

Previously John Shorter wrote:

Just wondering how many (if any) members have confirmed entry to this event. I will be trailing my bike up, from Valencia. I don't know many other members, but would be happy to meet with others at La Para bar, (at La Franca, 5 minutes from Colombres), and possibly ride in company on the runs. I will be on a '54 Dominator PGJ92.

Regards John Shorter.

Hi John,

I will be there with a small group five I think, I will be on a 650SS PMC34D, I don't know where we are staying but will look out for you.

Regards Nigel

hope to be there with some friends, none on a Norton I'm afraid, G80CS bitsa, Ariel huntmaster, Velo endurance, Mabsa [G80cs engined A10] A65, CSR, but don't hold this against us, maybe next year on the Commando, kind regards

Great to get some replies, hope to meet you there. This will be my fourth attendance, which means I am either a masochist, or, it is a great event!! Expect changeable weather, and it can be cold, and wet at times. However the scenery, in the mountains is fantastic, and, you can ride like a lunatic, or potter along at your own pace.

Hola!

I'll be there with a few friends from Lancaster, we're travelling down in vans on Friday the 30th &sailing from Portsmouth at 5.30PM ish. I'll beonmy silver mk3 interstate LEH757P, others are on, B33, B34, tele. rigid Matchless, Velo, a couple of Honda twins of some description, & a couple of other bikes thatI've forgotten the makes

Hasta luego

I guess those from the U.K. are on their way, so probably won?t see this, I will be leaving 10 a.m. Sunday morning, for the 8 hour drive (nearly all motorway). Just checked weather forecast, it COULD be a dry week!

what a cracking week! good company and interesting riders, yes we had one wet day but the rest was fine, dunno if I mset any other Norton club members other than Ken from Surrey who's name I thought was Peter! and a very nice young chap 'Hector' from Gran Canaria riding a swing arm single Norton ES2 or the other one? one or two mishaps one on a Commando I believe stuffed under the armco but little injury to the rider I was told, very demanding those mountain roads , dunno If I want to do it every year, but every other one may be very tempting.

kind regards

As you say Richard, it was a cracking week, the first time, in four years, I didn't get soaked! Sorry we didn't get to meet. The guy who crashed the Commando was a club member, Andrew. He fractured a lower arm, but not too badly. Unfortunately his Commando was badly damaged. Another club member, Nigel, was also there, on a 650SS.

The downside, for me, was when I slipped, while loading the Dominator on to its trailer, and dented the fuel tank.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans