Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Classic TT 2018

Looking to book for the classic , has a date for the NOC meeting at the pub Laxey? been fixed yet?. Nearly got there too late last time.

The NOC will be having its annual meet during the Classic TT (MGP) on the I-O-M

Meet up with fellow Norton Owners attending the Classic TT. Where you can also buy your commemorative NOC pin badge.

The traditional Manx GP Reunion will be held as usual at the Shore Hotel, Laxey on Tuesday 28th August 2018. Derek Fox of the Essex Branch has organised this event for the last few years and is doing so again this year.The Shore Hotel is providing a BBQ from 3pm onwards.

If anything changes, alternative arrangements will be published in Roadholder and on the NOC web site.

Alan Throssell (Essex Branch secretary)

Thanks Alan, I'm just a bit curious why Its up to me to ask for this information,I had to do the same last year,almost like its some sort of secret society! This is particularly relevant as to have some chance of going I need to already have made my ferry booking.Its just as difficult finding out the dates of the vintage clubs events,Italian bike meeting etc,all which I do .

Just got a quote for the ferry and its 60% dearer than last year. Thats just silly and will kill the golden goose.

I booked the ferry last Oct at much the same cost as last year, you have to book as soon as the dates are released.

I am a VMCC member but did not notice any offers, Had no intention to go this year but decided on a whim to take my nephew who has never been. All I have to do now is get him on a Classic and firmly infected with the bug!.Don't want to be chasing a Fireblade with my 250.

Previously robert_tuck wrote:

Thanks Alan, I'm just a bit curious why Its up to me to ask for this information,I had to do the same last year,almost like its some sort of secret society! This is particularly relevant as to have some chance of going I need to already have made my ferry booking.Its just as difficult finding out the dates of the vintage clubs events,Italian bike meeting etc,all which I do .

Hi Robert, there is no secret society. Firstly the day and venue have been the same for years and I can't see how, when the the event is always in the middle of the race week, the ferry booking is affected. Last year's failure to publicise the event was an oversight which we admitted. I confirmed arrangements with Derek Fox only last week. This gives you all over seven months notice. Details will be in the Events section of the next Roadholder. Hopefully this year the rain will hold off and Tuesday 28th won't be a re-arranged race day.

The last time I went to the Classic TT I could have travelled before practice week and left my bike at a friends, travelled back as a foot passenger )including train from Heysham to Shropshire) gone back for race week foot passenger and ridden back after race week and saved money. That's why it's called "the IOM steam racket company" You'll be lucky to get a full pint in your glass during TT week unless you ask for it too.

I have got it mostly sorted now, going with a son and nephew,taking 3 classic bikes,camping off the track spending most of the time touring and meeting old bikers and old bikes. Would not be possible without the VMCC. I will be riding in the Jurby festival too. (if the bikes keep going).

Quote from this month's V&CMC Journal, " We have even negotiated discounts for VMCC members with the Stream Packet Company." The context is the declining numbers attending the Rally at the Manx GP. So it would appear discounts are available - as last year. George

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans