Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Checking your oil on a 961 commando

yesWatched the fantastic Norton engineer Touche'service my 961 sport today here is how he checkedthe bikes oil level after changing the oil. Bike was already warmish after run up from Stourbridge.Started her up and listened to the fantastic sound of the engine with the new long chrome after market louder pipes onsmiley.He sat on the bike to hold it level,put a clean cloth around the petrol tank/oil top tank area.Reved the engine to 3 Thousand RPM and held the throttle at that speedfor around 10 seconds,blipped the throttle a bit more then turned the engine off.Still sat on the bike left it for about 30 seconds then heunscrewed the dipstick andwiped it clean on the cloth.Screwed the dipstick all the way home then removed it and looked at the level,which was half way between the Two marks,Perfect. He is a great guy and I must say thank you to all the Norton staff that I met today.Really happy ship that is... lots of positive energy everyone working hardto make the company a success. Donnington Hall what a great place to see a new Norton motorcycle company, go soon and have a service,it's great.

I was there for the first service 3 weeks ago & I must say that it's a great place. Very efficient service by Touche - it will be even better when they have converted the old dairy building into a service centre & showroom.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans