Skip to main content

Best Spark Plug For A 500T

Forums

Hi All

My 500t is eating plugs. The current plugs I am using is B6ES. I am thinking this may not be the correct plug as after around 15 to 20 mile it start to miss and struggle to pull properly.

Should I be running B7ES,B8ES or higher.

Thanks in advance.

It is probably a symptom of a failing mag. Many years ago I had a Triumph which would do about 90 miles on a pair of brand new KLG FE80s then start to miss. I would replace the plugs with another new pair and the same happened. After about half a dozen pairs of plugs the mag came off and it turned out to be a very fine crack in the slipring causing the problem; I then had six pairs of good useable plugs!

The B6ES is the correct heat range. I use a Lodge HBLN in my 500T which is an equivalent of the NGK B6ES.

Previously rod_thompson wrote:

It is probably a symptom of a failing mag. Many years ago I had a Triumph which would do about 90 miles on a pair of brand new KLG FE80s then start to miss. I would replace the plugs with another new pair and the same happened. After about half a dozen pairs of plugs the mag came off and it turned out to be a very fine crack in the slipring causing the problem; I then had six pairs of good useable plugs!

The B6ES is the correct heat range. I use a Lodge HBLN in my 500T which is an equivalent of the NGK B6ES.

Hi Ron

Thanks for your reply

I hope its not the mag, only just had it rebuilt. I think I will try a different make of plug. I have being reading of lots of fake NGK plugs out there. However mine were Halfords plugs so cannot see that that would be the case. I also think my bike is running weak after more investigation last night so this will surely be an issue for any plug.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans