Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Battery for 1958 Dominator 600

Forums

Can anyone recommend a suitable 12V battery type and code for this machine?

Any battery which will fit is good. Measure your battery space on the bike and find a battery to fit it. If you want originality, there are some fake black rubber six volt battery cases which will fit a 12v battery inside, but since the bike was 6v originally perfectly correct restoration is obviously not your aim.

I took my measurements to my local battery shop & used a glass mat 12volt battery, its been 17 months, so far, so good! Its nice not to have that sill hose leaking acid into my frame !!!!

Skip Brolund

Previously wrote:

Any battery which will fit is good. Measure your battery space on the bike and find a battery to fit it. If you want originality, there are some fake black rubber six volt battery cases which will fit a 12v battery inside, but since the bike was 6v originally perfectly correct restoration is obviously not your aim.

Attachments Battery-Q.docx

I have a fake box and now have a matched pair of 6v batteries to be used in parallel. Unless I go to 12v and set them up in series. Glass mat type. Neat fit in the box.

Previously wrote:

Thanks a lot Colin, that's very helpful, sorry to take so long to respond, but been having trouble trying to answer. It's ok now as the helpline fixed me up... cheers..

Previously wrote:

I took my measurements to my local battery shop & used a glass mat 12volt battery, its been 17 months, so far, so good! Its nice not to have that sill hose leaking acid into my frame !!!!

Skip Brolund

Thanks a lot Skip, that's very helpful, sorry to take so long to respond, but been having trouble trying to answer. It's ok now as the helpline fixed me up... cheers..

Previously wrote:

I have a fake box and now have a matched pair of 6v batteries to be used in parallel. Unless I go to 12v and set them up in series. Glass mat type. Neat fit in the box.

Thanks a lot David, that's very helpful, sorry to take so long to respond, but been having trouble trying to answer. It's ok now as the helpline fixed me up... cheers..

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans