Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

750 Commando camshaft identification help

Forums

Hello, I recently joined the NOC. I'm rebuilding an engine that I brought already dismantled with same NOS spares. 750 Engine number is 2116xx.

I attached below a pic of 2 camshafts I have. The one at the bottom is the one fitted in the engine. The upper one has been brought in the 80's from andover but I do not know more about it.

I know that I have to change bushes and ream to use the new camshaft but I don't know if it will fit. There is no letter, nothing to help identify, only the T for top.

Can you help me?

Attachments dsc_1491_zpskp2yfqzp-jpg

I know that I have to change bushes and ream to use the new camshaft

Why, are they worn, if not then leave them be, you can use a scrolled camshaft in scrolled bushes, you just need to sort the thrustwashers out by removing the tabs before the break off anyway.My new std cam is unmarked like yours so it is a std cam, the combat cam will have SS stamped on one of the lobes.To be 100% sure you can measure the max lift and compare to other camshttp://atlanticgreen.com/camsurvey.htm

The intake lobes on the 'New' cam are much wider than the exhausts. What is that about, certainly not seen that before?

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans