Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

650SS Side Stand Spring

Forums

I have read many topics in this forum dealing with how to fit a side stand, all I have seen are comments about material removal - no comments about the side stand spring , am I the only person to have a problem fitting the side stand spring!

The one I bought mine from ANIL looks like forged steel. Is there a different stand for the 650SS?

I have removed material and can now fit the stand to the frame and can achieve a good angle of lean but only without the spring fitted. If I assemble the stand together with the spring I then cannot get the stand to fit. I have also tried to do this when the centre stand is not in use but the stand is no where near a fit.

In desperation I have considered removing material from the stand's limit stop when in the down position but don't think that will provide sufficient clearance.

In desperation I have considered straightening the spring that fits in the hole of the prop stand but don't know if that will weaken it so much the spring might fracture - not too good an idea going through a left hander.

I expect there is an easy method which I am obviously too dim to see.

Thanks hoping someone can put me straight. Roger

So I had more 2 more weeks and lo and behold I was able to fit the spring. Quite easy really.

Roger

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans