Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

500T parts

Forums

I'm looking for parts to restore my 1951 Norton 500T. I need: gear lever, brake lever, side stand, top stanchion shrouds, and rear fender bracket.

The Club Spares Scheme is always looking for likely items to have manufactured where these are not available from other sources. A number of 500T parts are unique to that machine and as such would be good candidates.

Roger has indicated he is after the following:-

â Gear lever

â Brake lever

â Side stand

â Top stanchion shrouds

â Rear fender bracket

I would like to add to that list:-

â Sump guard

â Engine plates

â Handlebar air slide/magneto control levers (the thin spindly type also used on plunger Manxs)

If Members would like some 500T parts considered for manufacture, would they please register their interest here so that we can get some idea of demand.

Previously Chris Grimmett wrote:

The Club Spares Scheme is always looking for likely items to have manufactured where these are not available from other sources. A number of 500T parts are unique to that machine and as such would be good candidates.

â Gear lever

â Brake lever

â Side stand

â Top stanchion shrouds

â Rear fender bracket

â Sump guard

â Engine plates

â Handlebar air slide/magneto control levers (the thin spindly type also used on plunger Manxs)

I would like to add my interest;

Side Stand

Sump Guard

Fork Stanchion Shroads

Gear Lever

Mudguard Brackets

If Members would like some 500T parts considered for manufacture, would they please register their interest here so that we can get some idea of demand.

Just out of curiosity: when was the last time the club had any parts manufactured for singles, and what were they?

Ian McD

Does the club have any interest in specific to 500T spares? - I could do with a petrol tank if anyone has any ideas

Terry Weedy is prepared to make another batch of tanks if sufficient people are interested. I would like one so that I don't carry on denting my steel tank, it is easier than improving my riding!

May I ask again for someone to please take a photograph of the bracket which attaches the side stand spring to the frame. (part no. C186)

Rod

Re a 500t tank I contacted Trey Weedy about a year ago and he seemed to be having problems with making the tanks, I tried to contact him again a couple of weeks ago but got no response, so still looking.

Rod I will try to do a photo of the bracket you mention and email it to you.

Thanks Marten, I look forward to hearing from you.

When I last saw Terry, about six months ago, he said that he had had a few enquiries for 500T tanks and would think about doing another batch if a few more people were interested. I need to speak to him bout making an exhaust for another bike so will ask again about 500T tanks.

Rod

Previously alan_yates wrote:

â Gear lever

â Brake lever

â Side stand

â Top stanchion shrouds

â Rear fender bracket

â Sump guard

â Engine plates

I would like to add my interest;

Side Stand

Sump Guard

Fork Stanchion Shroads

Gear Lever

Mudguard Brackets

â Gear lever

â Brake lever

â Side stand

â Top stanchion shrouds

â Rear fender bracket

â Sump guard

â Engine plates

on the subject of parts for a 500T i would be interested in the reproduction of a new tool box

pete

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans