Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

500T in this months Roadholder p18

Forums

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to Nortons, but is that really a 500t in the picture, it's got rear shocks and the pipe is on the left? Does anyone know anything about this bike or have the owners details?

cheers Dan

That's the one that was at Telford, it had a modern bespoke frame, and a neat small Mahle oil filter. A lot of work has gone into it for pre 65 trials, never found the owner to talk about it but did fine a couple of NOC members!

just bought a copy of the mag, but from the printers for less than the eBay listing.

The bike in March's Roadholder is indeed a 500T. During the 1950s an Edinburgh Motorcycle dealer called Eddie Tasker carried out a swinging arm conversion to a number of rigid Norton frames, this being one of them. I'm hoping to write an article on Eddie for a future magazine and will cover this.

Not sure when the exhaust was changed. We did have the bike on the Edinburgh stand at the Scottish MC Show 2 years ago where Ernie Page, a well known Scottish Trials, motocross and ISDT rider of some years ago, gave us a fair bit of the bikes history as he had ridden it in competition.

I almost bought the bike in the late 1960's but as a student I couldn't afford the £25 asking price. Just as well really as the person trying to sell it turned out not to be the owner. The bike was in the ownership of an ex-Edinburgh Branch member, Dougie Wilson who sold it on to current member, Dave Allan a few years ago.

Thanks Dougie

Very interesting! I'd like to see it shame it's the other end of the country! That wasn't the bike that was on eBay a couple of months ago was it? Any chance of any more detailed photos?

Cheers Dan

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans