Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1972 750 Commando Paint

Forums

Hi,

Just bought a 1972 750 Commando and need to repaint tank and side panels, wanted to know if the tank only has the Norton transfer or did it also have the striping.

Did the side panels have the extra striping.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Cheers

Andy

On the 750 Roadster, only black had lining.

All colours used transfers rather than the 3-M die-cut stickers so you have to watch out for the colours (gold or silver) and the presence of the black edging.

Hello Andrew

Yes I'm sure Richard is correct re only the black having the gold lining (I've seen Roadster & Interstate in black).

Other colours are shown in the 1972 brochure:

http://www.classicbike.biz/Norton/Brochures/1970/72NortonBrochure.pdf

Also Roy Bacon's Norton Twin Restoration book (page 222) has a full list of tank and panel colours, transfer and edging colours. He does list a silver lining for the blue interstate which is shown on the first page of the 1972 brochure.

Andrew, if you post what model you have and what colour you're planning I'll look up further details if required.

Andy

Previously Andrew Heathwood wrote:

Hello Andrew

Yes I'm sure Richard is correct re only the black having the gold lining (I've seen Roadster & Interstate in black).

Other colours are shown in the 1972 brochure:

http://www.classicbike.biz/Norton/Brochures/1970/72NortonBrochure.pdf

Also Roy Bacon's Norton Twin Restoration book (page 222) has a full list of tank and panel colours, transfer and edging colours. He does list a silver lining for the blue interstate which is shown on the first page of the 1972 brochure.

Andrew, if you post what model you have and what colour you're planning I'll look up further details if required.

Andy

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, I have looked at the NOC site and the 1972 Roadster has the line on the tank that crosses over.

I will go with this one.

Cheers

Andy

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans