Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1959 99 lower rear chainguard

Forums

has anyone got a lower chainguard for this model for sale

Hahaha! Yep - I took mine off in 1965 when I rebuilt the bike with a 3/8" drive chain. It clanged against the bottom guard. Of course, I managed to lose that part over the course of 37 years (at my Mum & Dad's house!) so I had to look for one a few years ago and managed to buy a pair - top & bottom - from a Stafford Show, or was it Netley Marsh? - for about £45. I'm changing back to 1/4" rear chain for concourse. Sorry - only a spare top half!

Previously lionel_yexley wrote:

Hahaha! Yep - I took mine off in 1965 when I rebuilt the bike with a 3/8" drive chain. It clanged against the bottom guard. Of course, I managed to lose that part over the course of 37 years (at my Mum & Dad's house!) so I had to look for one a few years ago and managed to buy a pair - top & bottom - from a Stafford Show, or was it Netley Marsh? - for about £45. I'm changing back to 1/4" rear chain for concourse. Sorry - only a spare top half!

How much do you want for the top half

The full chaincase got a bit of a bad rep because dirt seemed to accumulate in it. This can be prevented very simply by fixing a mud flap to the bottom of the rear mudguard where it meets the swing arm ,this stops splatter hitting the swing arm and going sideways on to the chain.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans