Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1957 International

Forums

I'm a new memeber who has just accquired a '57 Inter. It is missing both guards and rear number plate bracket. It also has gaiters on the front forks, which seem original. My problem is that I am having trouble finding information on this model. I am also wondering if guards from other slim line models of that year (ES2, Dominator) would fit. Rumour has it that '57 and '58 models were made to order. Any information or contact would be a great help

Hello Peter,

Your Inter would not have gaiters on the forks as standard but, steel shrouds with a cut out to clear the guard.

Regards,

Paul.

I'm currently rebuilding a 57 Inter and so can help out.

the NOC has what I believe is a front guard in the shop, it does not have a V on the front lip. The rear guard is the same as the 53/54 dominator and I got mine from Fred Williams. Have a look on the forum for his contact details. I have a spare front guard but I think its a replica.

As Paul has said it should have shrouds with a cutout as the mudguard bridge is shorter than the normal one as the mudguard mounting on the fork sliders is higher on the casting.

if you want to send me your email address I will send some pictures of mine if that helps.

Mark

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans