Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1957 Dominator 88 Handlebar Mounts

Forums

Hi,

In the process of restoring my bike which (when I bought it) had clip-ons. I would like to go back to the original bars, but cannot find the part number for the bottom bar mounts. The Norton parts book shows the top clip as p/no19021A (or 067727) and the bolts as 19437 - but I cannot find what these top clamps bolt into??

Help please!!

It sounds as though you have an aftermarket  top yoke, the standard one for a 1957 has the bottom clamps integral to it. 

If you dont/can't change the top yoke, you could invest in a set of swan-neck clip ons.

But that yoke looks after-market to me. 

I think that is an earlier Norton top yoke that had separate rubber mounted handlebar clamps and was used on the 1953/4 Featherbed Inters and 88s. You might possibly find the clamps to suit but they are thin on the ground, whereas the more usual top yoke is very abundant, just make sure you get the right one as there are 7" and 7 3/8" wide versions, the wider one has a hole for a steering lock.

Niall has correctly identified the type of yoke and clamp required as the early 88 and Inter type. Part no is H12-2/175A. Known as handlebar P clamp complete assembly.

They are available from RGM (and I guess other suppliers)

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans