Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1956 Dominator 99 tank rubbers

Forums

I am a new owner of a neglected 56 Dominator and can't find information in any of the available books on the tank rubber configuration on a wideline frame. I see on the Norvil parts list there is a 6" wideline tank rubber listed so I need to know how many rubbers and where. Help would be appreciated thanks.

Previously wrote:

I am a new owner of a neglected 56 Dominator and can't find information in any of the available books on the tank rubber configuration on a wideline frame. I see on the Norvil parts list there is a 6" wideline tank rubber listed so I need to know how many rubbers and where. Help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi Tony

On my Dommie I have four rubbers about 1 1/2" wide, two at the front, where the frame bends in toward the headstock,and two at the back about 3-4" forward of the end of the tank. I would assume that the 6" Norvil part is designed to be cut into four. I wrap some insulating tape around them to keep them in place. Hope this helps.

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Hi Tony

On my Dommie I have four rubbers about 1 1/2" wide, two at the front, where the frame bends in toward the headstock,and two at the back about 3-4" forward of the end of the tank. I would assume that the 6" Norvil part is designed to be cut into four. I wrap some insulating tape around them to keep them in place. Hope this helps.

Many thanks for your reply re. tank rubbers, I will now order and check out the fit of my India tank.

Tony

G'day from Australia.

I have used Z900 Kawasaki tank rubbers on all my featherbed frome with great success. They are the right size and grooved so that you can use cable ties to attach them. Z900 Kick starter rubbers also fit AMC kickstarters and dson't slide off. They are not branded just plain so no one knows you are cheating.

Cya

Bill

Previously wrote:

G'day from Australia.

I have used Z900 Kawasaki tank rubbers on all my featherbed frome with great success. They are the right size and grooved so that you can use cable ties to attach them. Z900 Kick starter rubbers also fit AMC kickstarters and dson't slide off. They are not branded just plain so no one knows you are cheating.

Cya

Bill

Hi Bill, thanks for the update on tank rubbers. I am going to see a Kawasaki dealer today, and will check out availability.

Tony

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans