Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1955 Dominator 88 chainguard front fixing

Forums

Can anyone advise what the front of the chainguard fixes to? I have a repro N.O.C. chainguard with two bolt holes at the front but no bracket to attach it to on the bike. Are there any detailed Dominator frame part diagrams available? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Previously roger_wilson wrote:

Can anyone advise what the front of the chainguard fixes to? I have a repro N.O.C. chainguard with two bolt holes at the front but no bracket to attach it to on the bike. Are there any detailed Dominator frame part diagrams available? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hello there should of been two bracket on the swinging arm both have two 1/4 inch holes in so the chain guard can be fitted , yours anna j

Previously anna jeannette Dixon wrote:

Previously roger_wilson wrote:

Hello there should of been two bracket on the swinging arm both have two 1/4 inch holes in so the chain guard can be fitted , yours anna j

Thanks for that, both seem to have been ground off unless this is an incorrect s/arm. It has a brake anchor lug on each side! I have now found some pictures on Andover Norton site just, need to get some measurements now.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans