Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1950 ES2 part numbers

Forums

Good morning.

I have a 1950 Norton 500 single and I think it is an ES2 (As the bore is 3.11 in). The cylinder is sleeved.

The left engine case has A35220o then 79X100 near the top then at the 9 o clock position it has A600.

The frame has B48598 stamped below the fork brace. the frame has 21" front and 19" rear rims.

I am looking for a parts book so that I can put the engine back together ( need piston rings, cylinder gasket, and head gasket, as well as the push rod seal as a minimum).

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.. Cheers..

Dan.

Hi Darwin, Your engine, from the number is a 1946 Model 18 (500cc) the same as an ES2, and your frame is a 1947 ES2, so should be a plunger frame with tele forks.

Previously wrote:

Hi Darwin, Your engine, from the number is a 1946 Model 18 (500cc) the same as an ES2, and your frame is a 1947 ES2, so should be a plunger frame with tele forks.

Thanks Dave. I guess this was a Frankenstein from numerous other motorcycles. Yes it has the plunger rear suspension. Your help is appreciated and now maybe I can get this thing back on the road if I can find the gaskets and seals.

Thanks again ..

Dan..

Previously wrote:

Thanks Dave. I guess this was a Frankenstein from numerous other motorcycles. Yes it has the plunger rear suspension. Your help is appreciated and now maybe I can get this thing back on the road if I can find the gaskets and seals.

Thanks again ..

Dan..

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans