Application for an age related registration
Where your vehicle does not have a registration number, you may apply for an age related one. This only applies to vehicles which have been reassembled from the original vehicle. All major parts must be from the same period and and at least 25 years of age to qualify. If at some time a replacement engine has been required, it is generally accepted that this is permissable or any other major singular part for that matter, other than the frame. it follows that the machine must represent a true likeness of the model specification. Please note that reproduction girder forks are not permissable.
In order to apply to the NOC for an Official Date Letter/NOC2 you must have the following:-
- A completed application NOC/2 form from the Club.
- The fully assembled machine should be complete and roadworthy. Do not apply if the machine is not assembled or you have just the frame only.
- Images of both sides of the machinre in it's current condition (2 copies of each) signed and dated.
- Sharp images of both Frame No. and Engine No. including all prefixes (2 copies of each) signed and dated.
- Please note: It may be necessary to remove the paint to verify the number. We cannot proceed with the application if the number is not clear. We often receive images that would be acceptable if the image was in focus, once again this holds up the process. Do not however try to enhance other than highlighting the digits. For instance by trying to over-stamp the original number if the number is weak or damaged send it as is.
- Payment to The Norton Owners Club Ltd
- Members £20.00 - Non-Members £50.00
Send your completed applications by post to:
- Pre-War Singles :NOC Pre War Records, P.O. Box66 Lydbrook Glos GL149AF
- Post-War Singles:NOC Post War Records, P.O Box 359 Telford TF1 9ER
- NOC Twin Records. P.O Box 99 Kings Lynn PE38 8DF
Two versions of the application form are available:
Where a bike has been restored from the original parts:
Where a bike has been restored using parts from multiple sources:
When your Official Date Letter is posted to you, you should then make the application to DVLA as shown on Form V55/5
Please note - the Records Officers are very busy and it may take up to 10 days before they can reply to your application
How do I .....