Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Sporty Mudguards for 650SS

Forums

Hi, We want to put more  sporty mudguards on our '67 650SS (which is fitted with non-standard 7" wide centres roadholder forks).

Norvil have suggested we use S-type Commando mudguard and stay for the front (025542 and 060619SS) and a featherbed/G15 undrilled rear (065252) and grabrails 022633ASS.

I remember reading somewhere that early Commando parts fit Dominators but the front stay is too long and there is a unique stay available to allow Commando mudguards to be fitted? (I must say I don't understand why the stay would be too long, looking at photos of the arrangement for both bikes?)

Anybody got any experience of this or advice before I commit? Remember I have 7" forks.

Cheers,

Len

The Mercury 650 from 1968 used a Commando front guard and stays.  You may be able to adapt the bridge piece for the forks to make it suitable for the 7 inch type.  The rear mudguard on the Mercury was also a modified Commando item.  It required the hole and Dzus fastener clip for the slimline seat.  It also needed a mounting bracket that is peculiar to the Mercury - so may be hard to find.   Commando guards can be chrome or stainless steel depending on type and year.  Good luck, Howard 

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans