Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Model 20 (single with twin port 1930 era)

Forums

Hi

I would like to chat with anyone who has one of these fine bikes, is anyone out there!

Ian

Previously wrote:

Hi

I would like to chat with anyone who has one of these fine bikes, is anyone out there!

Ian

Hi Ian,

I just saw your post regarding the model 20. I am currently restoring a 1931 model and am in agreement with you about them being fine motorcycles.

Albert

Hi Ian and Albert

I have recently acquired a 1930 Model 20 in very good condition. I note that there are the usual criticisms concerning the fitting of a later headlamp and later magdyno but perhaps in due course I might obtain some originals?

Jeffers

Attachments Norton4.jpg

Previously wrote:

Hi Ian and Albert

I have recently acquired a 1930 Model 20 in very good condition. I note that there are the usual criticisms concerning the fitting of a later headlamp and later magdyno but perhaps in due course I might obtain some originals?

Jeffers

Hi Jeffers,

That's a fine motorcycle you've got there, I would just enjoy riding it and not worry to much about the headlamp. My Model 20 is just a year later to yours and so is pretty similar. I don't have a headlamp but I saw some H52 replicas on the Vintage Replica site which might be suitable.

Albert

Albert

Is there any chance you can email a picture of the original magdyno and cover for a Model 18/20 circa 1930 so that I can see what should be fitted?

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Hi Ian and Albert

I have recently acquired a 1930 Model 20 in very good condition. I note that there are the usual criticisms concerning the fitting of a later headlamp and later magdyno but perhaps in due course I might obtain some originals? Can you give me the address of the Vintage Replica site?

Jeffers

Hi Jeffers,

That's a fine motorcycle you've got there, I would just enjoy riding it and not worry to much about the headlamp. My Model 20 is just a year later to yours and so is pretty similar. I don't have a headlamp but I saw some H52 replicas on the Vintage Replica site which might be suitable.

Albert

http://www.vintage-replica.cz/svetlaE.htm Follow the link to get to the site.

A

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Hi Ian and Albert

I have recently acquired a 1930 Model 20 in very good condition. I note that there are the usual criticisms concerning the fitting of a later headlamp and later magdyno but perhaps in due course I might obtain some originals? Can you give me the address of the Vintage Replica site?

Jeffers

Hi Jeffers,

Albert

Previously wrote:

Albert

Is there any chance you can email a picture of the original magdyno and cover for a Model 18/20 circa 1930 so that I can see what should be fitted?

Sorry Jeffers, I only noticed your post now, I'll have a look, see what I've got and will pass it on. Do you have an illustrated parts list?

A

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans