Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Help with Boyer PBOX00108 Electronic Ignition

Forums

Hi All

On installing a new wiring loom on my 1973 MK1 CommandoI've hit a big problem I now have no power at all. Have I blown the Boyer unit. The 35 amp fuse is intact and not blown but nothing works at all. All colour coded wires are fitted as diagrams.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Malcolm

Flat battery?

First thing is check the voltage across the battery terminals, if it's above 12.5v then your battery is probably ok. Then check the voltage where the main power lead goes into the ignition switch, turn the ignition switch on and check that power is coming out of the correct terminals.

It could also be that your earth lead from the battery is not earthing.

Previously Bob Matthews wrote:

Flat battery?

First thing is check the voltage across the battery terminals, if it's above 12.5v then your battery is probably ok. Then check the voltage where the main power lead goes into the ignition switch, turn the ignition switch on and check that power is coming out of the correct terminals.

It could also be that your earth lead from the battery is not earthing.

Thanks Bob i'll try that in the morning.

Hi Bob

Battery fully charged and reading of 13.18 and power to Blue/Brown wires on Ign switch which is new, earths re-checked and minimum voltage dropbut still no horn or indicators and lights.

Help

Malcolm

Previously malcolm_patterson wrote:

Hi All

On installing a new wiring loom on my 1973 MK1 CommandoI've hit a big problem I now have no power at all. Have I blown the Boyer unit. The 35 amp fuse is intact and not blown but nothing works at all. All colour coded wires are fitted as diagrams.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Malcolm

'Have I blown the Boyer unit?' this is a 'silly' statement. Are we talking about a Boyer ignition system or a Boyer regulator/rectifier? Two totally different units doing different jobs. Neither of which would stop the lights working.

But the most likely problem here is as described, the battery has volts but no current. Easy sort-clip voltmeter to battery, 13.8 switch lights on, no lights and volts disappear-battery flat. No problem.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans