Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Headlamp loom Mk.lll 850 (1975)

Forums

Nearly finished my loom re-wire. Can anyone shed any light on the spare Brown / Green wire in the picture. It comes out of the Tach/Speed/Pilot terminal. My guess is it's an earth to the headlamp shell but in that case I would expect it to be red? Thanks

Attachments 2016-01-17%2014.04.25.jpg 2016-01-17-14-04-25-jpg

On a mk3 commando the brown / green wire goes to the rear lamp

and the tacho lamp and the speedo lamp and the piolet lamp and back to the master switch the other end of the tacho lamp speedo lamp and the piolet lamp go to the red wire.

regards

Bob

If its a Canadian import this wire also goes to the warning light unit so the lights come on when the engine is running

Previously Jonathan Soons wrote:

That attachment is 0KB. It is invisible.

Thanks Jonathan - I have reattached photograph. Regards

Previously robert_wright wrote:

and the tacho lamp and the speedo lamp and the piolet lamp and back to the master switch the other end of the tacho lamp speedo lamp and the piolet lamp go to the red wire.

regards

Bob

If its a Canadian import this wire also goes to the warning light unit so the lights come on when the engine is running

Thanks Robert. I have reattached the photograph to help. Regards

Hi

turn the ignition switch on and then 1 more to the right

if no lights its probably the wire to the ign switch

or if the lights come on see which one is not working and this will be the wire.

hope this helps

Bob

Previously robert_wright wrote:

regards

Bob

Thanks Bob

It was the tacho pilot light

Regards

Victor

Previously Jonathan Soons wrote:

That attachment is 0KB. It is invisible.

Thanks Jonathan

It was the tacho pilot light

Regards

Victor

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans