Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Bicycle rack on 961

Just seen a double bike rack, at the Begonia Rally, fitted to a 961. Is this in case of a breakdown?!!

Hi I think you will find he travels everywhere on his 961. His wife is normally with him. She has her own Norton. We met up with him in Rimini and spent a very entertaining afternoon and evening in the bar and restaurant. If you speak to him give him my best wishes as we had talked about going to the Begonia.

Sorry Graham, I didn't actually meet the 961's owner, so could not pass on your message. As a matter of interest, I was talking to Richard Pain, about the rack, which is superbly engineered. Apparently the owner checked out "Construction and use" regulations, to find out what was the maximum permitted height. Would you believe, it is 4m., the same as for a H.G.V.!!

I was unaware that the same con and use regs applied but it makes for an interesting project I'm sure. I wish I could remember the owners name but both time and alcohol on the day has taken its toll. He certainly has a view own how to use his bike to get the most out of it for him.

His name is Richard and his wife's name is Krista, and they members of the Flanders Norton Owners Club, so you me be able to contact them them through that web site.

When I spoke to him at the Begonia he said he may be at next weekends Oxford branch cafe racer day.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans