Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1956 ES2

Forums

Re my previous request regarding the oil jet. I was able to get one from Russells.

What does this do and how does it work.

It seats in the outer case and sits against the worm wheel at the oil pump.

Has anyone a left footrest that takes the pedal type I need the metal arm.

Also a chain guard is reuired. Thanks

Hi Robert,

It's the oil jet that feeds the big end, via the timing side mainshaft, the oil is routed through the timing gear chest cover. Make sure your oil passages are clear of any debris, I like to use a pump type oil can and force paint thinner or kerosene (paraffin) through the passages. After that, do it again with the oil of your choice.

I think the foot rest brackets are the same for much of the post war, pre- featherbed range, it's the actual foot rest that is different and it just screws into the forged bracket.

I believe that Norvil carries them, though they aren't cheap.

Regards, Albert

Previously wrote:

Hi Robert,

It's the oil jet that feeds the big end, via the timing side mainshaft, the oil is routed through the timing gear chest cover. Make sure your oil passages are clear of any debris, I like to use a pump type oil can and force paint thinner or kerosene (paraffin) through the passages. After that, do it again with the oil of your choice.

I think the foot rest brackets are the same for much of the post war, pre- featherbed range, it's the actual foot rest that is different and it just screws into the forged bracket.

Regards, Albert

Thanks Albert. I have got a new jet so will clear the oil ways as stated. Is there a special spring to hold the jet in place, or will any light spring do.

I just got a foot rest bracket last night.

Thanks, Robert

Previously wrote:

Hi Robert,

Regards, Albert

Just got a foot rest bracket. I will check/clean oil ways as advised. Is there a special spring to hold the Jet in place against the worm wheel, or will any light spring do.

Thanks for your help. Robert

Hi Robert,

My Norton spares list for 1957 gives the oil jet spring part number as #10617 (supersedes A.2/14) plate number MG.85. I would strongly suggest sticking to the factory standard for your oil jet spring.

Regards, Albert

Previously wrote:

Hi Robert,

My Norton spares list for 1957 gives the oil jet spring part number as #10617 (supersedes A.2/14) plate number MG.85. I would strongly suggest sticking to the factory standard for your oil jet spring.

Regards, Albert

Ok I will try and get one, Do you have any idea where. Russells dont have one.

Thanks Robert

Hi Robert,

Contact Mike Pemberton, he does things to make OHV singles go fast, if he doesn't have one, he might be able to direct you to a source.

Regards, Albert

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Hi Robert,

Regards, Albert

Ok I will try and get one, Do you have any idea where. Russells dont have one.

Thanks Robert

Got a spring from Norville. Thanks

Is there a spring on the inside of the jet? How does the jet hold against the oil hole on the worm.

Is there also a spring on the outside of the jet

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans