Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1927 Model 18 Magneto

Forums

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me what brand of magneto was used for a 1927 model 18.

Cheers

Andy

Could have been a CAV. Looking thro my records, will confirm if I can find it.----CAVKUI with a special baseplate , some were fitted with MLCMI units, Taken from the 1927 parts list . I'm only recently interested in early bikes so don't think me an expert!. Do you need a mag?.

Previously robert_tuck wrote:

Could have been a CAV. Looking thro my records, will confirm if I can find it.----CAVKUI with a special baseplate , some were fitted with MLCMI units, Taken from the 1927 parts list . I'm only recently interested in early bikes so don't think me an expert!. Do you need a mag?.

Hi Robert,

A friend of mine who reconditions magnetos has a client with the 1927 Norton that has a Bosch maggy, he asked me if this was the correct item or what should be in the bike because of me being a Norton person.

But my area of knowledge starts from my 1929 Model 19 and 1930's bikes.

This person apparently wants to have the bike correct, and I guess if he has the wrong maggy he will want to find a correct unit.

Any more info would be great, I once bought an original 1926/27 parts book but gave it to a friend who needed it more than me, I do not have much info on these models.

Cheers

Andy

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans