Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Norton 16H 1936 Tank Graphics

Forums

Hi I need to get either someone to paint the age related graphics or have some transfers made, can anyone recommend someone or where I can get the transfers made?

Hi MA,

I too am looking for a waterside transfer manufacturer (not urgently as yet) to make me a ‘dealer’s sticker’ from a 1957 company in Darlington.

If you type in ‘water transfer manufacturers’ into Google it comes up with lots of names plus transfer printing paper to make your own. I haven’t made any enquiries yet but I should imagine self printed ones will not be waterproof. If you can lacquer over them on rebuild they could be OK for you.

Regards

Dick

Classic Transfers certainly do the correct 'Norton' script for the '30's.  You have to be careful to make sure because there are lots of versions of the script  - there is a contents list to go with their illustrations.

I made my own water slide '88SS' rear mudguard transfer a few years ago (before it was listed by Classic Transfers).  It worked OK, but faded after a couple of years.  Luckily I had not lacquered it, so it came off using cotton buds and nail varnish remover.  I'd rather replace a transfer occasionally than have it lacquered and then faded or damaged and not be removable.

Hi I have been in touch with the classic transfers and they could not supply me with a full set, everything except the top tank transfer!

So I've decided to get it all done by a sign writer to the logos and pictures I've provided

Many Thanks for everyone's help on this matter

VMCC has SKU 4331 for Norton tank, but the lettering looks too chunky and I think it's really a Commando one.  Odd that Classic Transfers no longer list it.

Any chance of update pictures, Mark?

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans