Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

dominator 600cc

Forums

Hi everyone I am a fairly new member. I have removed all head bolts except the middle front, I intend replacing the head gasket which has sprung a leak.

This last bolt requires a slim socket and I wondered if anyone could tell me the bolt size and also where I could purchase a slim type socket to fit.

My bike is a 99 600cc 1960.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Mike

Previously wrote:

Hi everyone I am a fairly new member. I have removed all head bolts except the middle front, I intend replacing the head gasket which has sprung a leak.

This last bolt requires a slim socket and I wondered if anyone could tell me the bolt size and also where I could purchase a slim type socket to fit.

Regards

Mike

The boltis 5/16 whitworth, have a look at Melco tools on the web you will find they do a 1/4 x 5/16 box spanner 4" long it will cost you all of £2.21 the code number for the spanner is MELTW7 this will fit.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for that I have been looking for ages for a slim line box spanner set not realy knowing what size just guessing.

Thanks again

Mike

Previously wrote:

Regards

Mike

hello you may unwitingly warped you cylinder head as you need too slacken the nut the one in the middel on the head first and then work out ward slacking the six nut and four main bolts and replace them in the same order tietening in stages ,you my need a stud extracter two and check you cylinder head by useing engineers blue paste and a peace of glass 6mm thick put the paste on the face side or gasket side of the head and place on the glass with care then you look for high spots on the glass thats where the paste as not gone on the glass if theres high spots then you need you cylinder head skimmed ? Hope this helps

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans