Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

961 rear huggers

https://imageshack.us/i/pm2IwCTXj

I own a 15 plate 961 sport and have had problems with the plastic rear hugger since new. I am on my second hugger and as you can see it has fractured just like the first one and it's only the chain guard that is holdingone sidetogether, now I did a silly thing and rang the factory and I must admit they seem to go through staff quicker than Mc Donalds . When you ring these days you haven't a clue who your talking to , and for all you lads and lassies who don't believe me tryringing in twelve months time and there will be a new selection of voices and names to learn .I talked to a lady in the spares Dept who then quickly passed me on to a man whose computer wasn't working so he could not tell me the price of a new one ,God knows what is going on down there .When asked he said there wasn't a design flaw with it and no one else had any problems , this is why fellow 961 owners I am asking if any one has had the same problem ,or am I just an unlucky bugger, I absolutely love the damn thing but worry greatly about the back up infrastructure down there at the factory, it's alright churning out exotic machines for a very high price but I think they should be looking after all their customers new and old .

So if any one has had problems with their huggers I would greatly appreciate some feedback, thanking you all in anticipation.Smile

Pete

Hugger? What's that?

This must be one of those English words that never transitioned to American English like lifts/elevators or braces/suspenders.

At first I thought you were talking about buying a new girlfriend???

I don't think that Norton offers those!

If they do, I will put in my reservation for one each five foot two, eyes of blue.

Inquireing minds need to know

Mike

Previously michael_sullivan wrote:

Hugger? What's that?

This must be one of those English words that never transitioned to American English like lifts/elevators or braces/suspenders.

If they do, I will put in my reservation for one each five foot two, eyes of blue.

Mike

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/320x240q90/924/u5lVMb.jpg

Previously peter_banks wrote:

Previously michael_sullivan wrote:

Hugger? What's that?

Mike

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/320x240q90/924/u5lVMb.jpg

Few guys on access norton have had probs b4, carbon fibre def the way to go , there were some on eBay for £80 b4 Xmas by zero limits

Hi Peter Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Never had a problem with mine but its a carbon one from the start.

Hi Peter

never had a problem with the original but upgraded to carbon at 3k and still no problem at 8k hope this helps

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans