Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

650SS transfer

Forums

Another transfer question. !966 650SS. Should it have the eliptical Oil Bath transfer on the chaincase? I've had this bike since 1973 and there isn't one, but all illustrations I see do have oneand I have no idea if they are correct or simply there because the owners think it looks the part. The bike has just had a total rebuild so I'd like to get it correct.

Previously wrote:

Another transfer question. !966 650SS. Should it have the eliptical Oil Bath transfer on the chaincase? I've had this bike since 1973 and there isn't one, but all illustrations I see do have oneand I have no idea if they are correct or simply there because the owners think it looks the part. The bike has just had a total rebuild so I'd like to get it correct.

Hello Paul, the answer to your question is - yes they did have a oil bath transfer on the primary chaincase just above the foot rests, and 650ss on the back mudguard just above the registion plate?

I Hope this Helps ??

Anna J Dixon

Secretary

East Yorkshire Branch ,

Tell me if I am wrong Anna, but didn't you mean, the transfer is just above the textured step on the rear brake lever?

Skip

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans