Skip to main content

1936 Model 18 Spark Plug Help

Forums

Hi I have a 1936 Model 18 (exposed valves) I need a new spark plug and the one I have in is a Champion D16. Have not really done more then around 10 miles on the bike to assess the D16 properly. Having a lot of conflicting information on the plug type. Any advice on what some of you may already be using? Thanks Steve

Previously steve_burden wrote:

Hi I have a 1936 Model 18 (exposed valves) I need a new spark plug and the one I have in is a Champion D16. Have not really done more then around 10 miles on the bike to assess the D16 properly. Having a lot of conflicting information on the plug type. Any advice on what some of you may already be using? Thanks Steve

Hi Steve. My 1936 model 18 runs well on a B6E plug. Tim

Hi Tim that's interesting as I think the B6E is a 14mm and I run a 18mm 1/2" reach. After looking at your comment I have done a bit of digging around on the net and if I am not mistaken (someone correct me) there was a change of plug for 1937 down to 14mm. But that is what I have found on the net so may be not correct.

Thank you George mine being 1936 I'm fairly sure there was a change over towards the end of that year.

Previously George Phillips wrote:

Bacon's book"Norton Singles" confirms that the plug depth changed to 14mm for 1937.

George

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans