Skip to main content
000000 000003 000006 000009 000012 000015 000018 000021 000024 000027 000030 000033 000036 000039 000042 000045 000048 000051 000054 000057 000060 000063 000066 000069 000072 000075 000078 000081 000084 000087 000090 000093 000096 000099 000102 000105 000108 000111 000114 000117 000120 000123 000126 000129 000132 000135 000138 000141 000144 000147 000150 000153 000156 000159 000162 000165 000168 000171 000174 000177 000180 000183 000186 000189 000192 000195 000198 000201 000204 000207 000210 000213 000216 000219 000222 000225 000228 000231 000234 000237 000240 000243 000246 000249 000252 000255 000258 000261 000264 000267 000270 000273 000276 000279 000282 000285 000288 000291 000294 000297 000300 000303 000306 000309 000312 000318 000321 000324 000327 000330 000333 000336 000339 000342 000345 000348 000351 000354 000357 000360 000363 000366 000369 000372 000375 000378 000381 000384 000387 000390 000393 000396 000399 000402 000405 000408 000411 000414 000417 000420 000423 000426 000429 000432 000435 000438 000441 000444 000447 000450 000453 000456 000459 000462 000465 000468 000471 000474 000477 000480 000483 000486 000489 000492 000495 000498 000501 000504 000507 000510 000513 000516 000519 000522 000525 000528 000531 000534 000537 000540 000543 000546 000549 000552 000555 000558 000561 000564 000567 000570 000573 000576 000579 000582 000585 000588 000591 000594 000597 000600 000603 000606 000609 000612 000615 000618 000621 000624 000627 000630 000633 000636 000639 000642 000645 000648 000651 000654 000657 000660 000663 000666 000669 000672 000675 000678 000681 000684 000687 000690 000693 000696 000699 000702 000705 000708 000711 000714 000717 000720 000723 000726 000729 000732 000735 000738 000741 000744 000747 000750 000753 000756 000759 000762 000765 000768 000771 000774 000777 000780 000783 000786 000789 000792 000795 000798 000801 000804 000807 000810 000813 000816 000819 000822 000825 000828 000831 000834 000837 000840 000843 000846 000849 000852 000855 000858 000861 000864 000867 000870 000873 000876 000879 000882
English French German Italian Spanish

1951 Dominator

Forums

Hi All

I have just joined the Norton owner club, need a bit of help I have just acquired a 1951Domontor serial no 39606 F12 it is painted all black is this the original colour am I correct that it is 1951 also what spark plugs should be used ? thanks for any help , from Australia

Thanks Dan

Permalink

A nice find Dan. 500cc Model 7 with plunger frame, would have been all black, apart from a chromed petrol tank with silver painted panels on the top and side, lined with red & black. The wheel rims would have been chrome, with black painted centres, lined in red. I seem to recall that most of this model did go to Australia, but I could stand corrected on that.

Any pictures? Can't help with the plugs.

Ian

Permalink

Previously ian_cordes wrote:

A nice find Dan. 500cc Model 7 with plunger frame, would have been all black, apart from a chromed petrol tank with silver painted panels on the top and side, lined with red & black. The wheel rims would have been chrome, with black painted centres, lined in red. I seem to recall that most of this model did go to Australia, but I could stand corrected on that.

Any pictures? Can't help with the plugs.

Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for your help, once I fiquire out how to post a picture I will put some up, yes itâs a good find fame and motor same number which is a good thing, needs a bit of work but looking forward to the project.

Dan

Permalink

Previously daniel_stuart wrote:

Previously ian_cordes wrote:

A nice find Dan. 500cc Model 7 with plunger frame, would have been all black, apart from a chromed petrol tank with silver painted panels on the top and side, lined with red & black. The wheel rims would have been chrome, with black painted centres, lined in red. I seem to recall that most of this model did go to Australia, but I could stand corrected on that.

Any pictures? Can't help with the plugs.

Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for your help, once I fiquire out how to post a picture I will put some up, yes itâs a good find fame and motor same number which is a good thing, needs a bit of work but looking forward to the project.

Dan

Permalink

Dan, I too have recently purchased a Model 7. Mine is a 1950 model. Included in the deal was some spares, mostly engine parts. I live in Victoria Australia so we are both on the same continent! I rode a friends model 7 plunger many years ago and found it to be a very smooth comfortable bike to ride.

Permalink

Previously andrew_westmore wrote:

Dan, I too have recently purchased a Model 7. Mine is a 1950 model. Included in the deal was some spares, mostly engine parts. I live in Victoria Australia so we are both on the same continent! I rode a friends model 7 plunger many years ago and found it to be a very smooth comfortable bike to ride.

Hi Andrew

i am in Queensland, I have never ridden a bike this old, however can wait to get it back to its best and take it for a ride.just looking forward to the whole project.

Permalink

With regard to wheel rim finish, I was reading in Roy Bacon's book that they

'were chrome plated, with black centres lined in red. For press and show models, the centres were often in silver, which can confuse, for it was these machines that were most often photographed for magazines.'

Your pictures bear that out, Phil. Interesting little historic note, I thought.

Ian

Permalink

Previously philip_hannam wrote:

Attached pics should help with getting the finish of your restorations correct. There are also plenty of photos of well-restored Model 7s to be found on the Internet.

Thanks Philip for the phots they will be a help I will post a couple of photos once I work out how Dan

Permalink

Previously daniel_stuart wrote:

Previously philip_hannam wrote:

Attached pics should help with getting the finish of your restorations correct. There are also plenty of photos of well-restored Model 7s to be found on the Internet.

Thanks Philip for the phots they will be a help I will post a couple of photos once I work out how Dan

Permalink

I'm in Canada with a '50 Model 7 Dominator which I believe is the same bike. You've answered a question I had on colour scheme

Peter

 

Norton Owners Club Website by White-Hot Design

Privacy Policy