Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

URGENT : MkII 850 Tank Pin Stripes

Forums

Dear Members,

Just dropped my tank and side panels off at a recommended sprayer and unfortunately he's more used to triumph stuff than norton. He was asking me about the pin stripes on the tank to which i have absolutely no clue. This is for an 850 MkII which has two equal sized pin stripes on the tank.

Can somebody with the same tank (orginal) please measure the thickness of the pinstripes and also the gap inbetween? If i can get this info to him, the tank should be finished by end of next week hopefully.

Big thanks for your help.

My Mk2A Interstate has two pinstripes on the (Black) tank - the gold pinstripes are 3mm wide with a 1mm gap between.

HtH

Mark Woodward

Is it a Roadster or Interstate ? The Roadster is a little more complicated.

The original lines were applied by hand and are not 100% consistent. It seems likely that a 1/8" brush was used.

I've got a NOS Roadster side panel here and the lines are exactly 1/8" wide, with a 1/8" gap between on the double lined part but of course they taper together at the ends, as per the rear of the Roadster tank.

Thanks guys, its the double lines on an interstate tank.

Mark, just checking, is that the original pinstriping or has the tank been resprayed at any time?

Looking at Richards answer, that would tie in. (1/8 approx = to 3mm) with regards the pin striping size, its just the gap thats different.

Found this picture on the internet and the stripes do look about 1/8 (3mm) but can really decide what size the gap is....bit of an optical illusion going on!! Mark, how does this compare to your tank?

Attachments Norton-small2.jpg

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans