Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Power Box Mounting on an 850 MkIII e/s?

Forums

I have just got a Wassell Power Box as part of the upgrade to 3 phase - does anyone know where it would be best to mount it it? "Not in an enclosed space" says the litaerature, but I want to keep the wiring as short as posiible really.

Also do you keep the smoothing capacitor or bin it (does it really matter?!)

Thanks.

I used a Podtronics unit on my '72 750. Stuck it in with the battery. Enough air circulates in there. The days get pretty hot here in summer. I've never had a problem, it's been a few years now!!

I did a similar upgrade of the electrics. Used the bigger alternator, threw out most of the wiring, used the Podtronics electronic rectifier. Fitted a brand new H4 headlight reflector with halogen bulb. Put relays on both high & low beam. Have had no problems and I now have good lights & associated electrics.

Bob

Previously wrote:

I have just got a Wassell Power Box as part of the upgrade to 3 phase - does anyone know where it would be best to mount it it? "Not in an enclosed space" says the litaerature, but I want to keep the wiring as short as posiible really.

Also do you keep the smoothing capacitor or bin it (does it really matter?!)

Thanks.

Don't know about the power box but I ignored the instructions about mounting the Boyer ignition box in the airstream and put it the battery box.On a hot day it went open circuit and I had to by a new one.This time I fitted it under the tool box (Dominator),that was many years ago and it's been OK ever since.

The general concensus is to keep the capacitor

Regards Ron

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans